Rizza Marie P.
North house

Topic: Health Care: Activity coordinator
Essential Question: What is the most important skill of a successful elder care activity coordinator ?


Sunday, September 18, 2011

Blog # 3: Senior Project Presentation 1

My objective is to make an activity plan with the class. I will try conducting what an Activity coordinator does when they plan their activities with the seniors. Making the audience understand that most of the Activity coordinators do is based from what everyone likes or decided.

Step 1: I will be putting the audience in groups. Then I will make them decide what there top three hobbies or activities that they really like to do.

Step 2: Once I listed every single hobbies or activities of the group, we start voting.

Step 3: After getting the top three activities or hobbies we as a whole, we then plan at what time of the day and how many hours do we plan to spend on all those three activities or hobbies. Then I as activity coordinator write it down in the board or chart.

Step 4: After that, I will explain to the audience that what we just did is what Activity coordinators do. I will also explain about what exactly activity coordinators do and why it’s important.

Step 5: I will show the audience my poster of a planned activities for the week. Just like the once you can see from the activities calendar or bulletin board.

Step 6: I will pick 3 random people from the audience and ask what they learned from my presentation and if they need clarifications they can also ask it at that time.

3 comments:

  1. An objective should be a specific thing the class learns like...to help students understand the job description of an activity coordinator.

    I like your idea of having students learn by doing...I don't think you'll have enough time in this lesson. Perhaps you can go over the job description and talk about how it might differ at a nursing home from, say, a youth center. Why it is so important.

    I think that you should use your skills to plan activities with North House : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, okay. I can research and do a compare and contrast of nursing home and youth center.

    I have a question though. Can I still use my planned activities board as my visuals? Because I was thinking of showing that as one of activity coordinators duty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Final draft:

    Presentation # 1 “Final Draft”

    My objective: is to discuss what Activity coordinators do and why it’s important. I will also
    show the difference between youth center and nursing home.

    Step 1: I will be asking the audience if they know what activities coordinator do. And If they do, they can share out what they think it is.

    Step 2: After the share out, I will start talking about Activity coordinator’s job and its importance.

    Step 3: As for my visual I will show an activities calendar. Just to show how they schedule the activities in a facility.

    Step 4: I’ll also show a visual of the difference between youth center and nursing home.

    Check for understanding: I will be picking 3 random people from the audience and ask what they learned from my presentation and if they need clarifications they can also ask it at that time.

    Resources/Materials: Poster board (containing: sample planned activities calendar and difference between youth center and nursing home).

    ReplyDelete