Rizza Marie P.
North house

Topic: Health Care: Activity coordinator
Essential Question: What is the most important skill of a successful elder care activity coordinator ?


Sunday, May 13, 2012

Blog # 25: Service Learning


Content:
    Literal
-      Log of specific hours : 50 hrs log
 
-    Description of work: BINGO, serving coffee, doing manicure (to be able to talk casually with patients especially if  they are new to the facility, decorating the activities room, suggesting events, listening to patients and talking to them, planning what kind of activity we should do for next time, talking to other staffs (CNA's, LVN's, RN's) to keep up with the patients condition.

-     Gabriel Olea
     250 W. Artesia Street, Pomona, CA, 91768
     (909)-623-7100  [work number]
     (909)-235-0413  [cellphone number]

    Interpretive
     - I learned to be more social with other people. I get to understand the feelings of elderly more than I used to before. And I realized that elderly care activity coordinator is a fun job (based from my experience) even though there are some point that it gets so busy that you don't know what to do first but then again that's in every job so I believe that it helped me become a little bit competitive too working wise.
 
   Applied
    - Service learning helps me figure out which skills activity coordinator needs to become a successful. Like for my first answer I said effective communication because I need to listen and talk to the patients in able for me to do the job. And for my second answer I said know the patients because if you don't know them, then you won't be able to connect to them and it may affect the way you treat the patients. Even my last answer which is to help senior patients using activities is because of what I always observed from activities. I see that most of the activities we do also helps the patients improve their memory and cope up with the surroundings. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment