Rizza Marie P.
North house

Topic: Health Care: Activity coordinator
Essential Question: What is the most important skill of a successful elder care activity coordinator ?


Thursday, April 26, 2012

Blog #24: Independent Component 2


Content:
·     Log of hours on a calendar:  february-april (independent component calendar)
 
·     Evidence of the 30 hours of work: mini book summary/opinions  and for the hours of extra volunteer work, its on the calendar as well.
 
Literal
(a) “I, Rizza Marie Pica, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.” 
(b) I get to read  (a whole book)  and volunteered for  27hrs.
 
Interpretive
- Since I'm not sure if I can manage reading more books, I decided to stick into one book. Becasue I don't want to rush reading books and then after a few days I will forget the whole context of it. I ended up volunteering more on the saturdays (about 6 hrs each saturday). And While I read the book called " Home Care Nursing Practice: Concepts and Appplications" by Robyn Rice, I briefly summarized what I read on google docs. Its almost like a mini journal entries except its about the context of the book and my opinions. It  would total more than 30 hrs. 

Applied
-I get to learn more about taking care of elderly patients when I read the book. I also get to apply it while I volunteer as well which lead me to the skills I need for my E.Q. For example, I said communication in my first answer. As I volunteered longer and reading the chapters, I realized that to be able to clearly explain, listen, and socially adapt to be able to become a successful elderly activity coordinator. It may sound general but based from my 27hrs of extra -volunteer hrs, I find it true because its like what we do 90% of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment